This week's newsletter has a screencast showing the additional features for premium members and other interesting articles, premium members discounts, and a number of event updates and late additions of returning weekday series.
Premium member features
I created a screencast last week to make it easier to see how the additional functions for premium members work on the website; watch it here.
The body doesn’t know miles, it knows stress
Coach David Roche writes about why you should think about stress in your training and adjust what you do along the way (and maybe ditch showing mileage on your watch face) in this article at Trail Running Magazine.
Racing 100 miles: why it is not about the running
It's pretty unbelievable to the average person that a 100 mile run/walk could be anyone's idea of a fun challenge. Katherine Turner asks what motivates them in this blog post at Strava, accompanied by some amazing photography.
Motivational quotes to get you through your marathon
Runners World has 30 quotes from a few towering figures in the sport of running that encapsulate what it means to train and race a marathon, and what it takes to finish.
Premium members get access to discounts for a range of events in Australia & New Zealand. Enter enough discounted events and your membership pays for itself, as well as opening up a range of useful functions on the website! Check out the full list of discounts available here.
Recently added discounts are for:
Find our more about membership here and sign up today!
To find out what's been recently updated, check the recent updates page regularly. I include in this newsletter a list of the more important updates (see below) such as date changes, cancellations, or late additions to the calendar. And check out the full calendar of upcoming events.
- Energise the Night scheduled for 6 October in Lower Hutt (this Saturday) has been cancelled
- Cheviot Hills Challenge scheduled for 4 November has been postponed, probably to February 2019
- Colour Burst in Queenstown has changed dates again, this time to 16 December
- King and Queen of the Withers has moved from 12 to 5 January
Late additions/returning series
- Ocean Running Mt Maunganui, returning this evening
- Smith & McKenzie Fun Run & Walk series in Hamilton, returning tomorrow night
- Tuesday Tune Up in Napier, returning next week (previously know as the Shoe Clinic 5 & Bluewater 5)
Have a great running week!