This week's newsletter has interesting articles, discounts for premium members, several date changes to events and the return of the Ocean Running Mt Maunganui Series and Waterfront 5K Series in Wellington.
Camille Buscomb runs personal best to qualify for Tokyo Olympic Games
Camille Buscomb qualified for the Tokyo Olympic Games after setting a new personal best in the 10,000m at the world track and field championships in Doha. Read more here at Stuff.
Arthur Lydiard honoured by IAAF
The IAAF has posthumously awarded Lydiard the IAAF World Athletics Heritage Plaque in the Legend category. Find out more here at Radio New Zealand.
Mgcini Mashku hit by warthog during 100 mile race in Africa
New Zealand runner Mgcini Mashku was hit by a warthog during a 100 miler race in Africa! Watch a video interview with him here at Facebook (no login required).
Get better at running by setting meaningful goals
Coach David Roche talks us through the process of goal setting for runners, and how the right goals will make you a better runner in this blog post at Strava.
Premium members get access to discounts for a range of events in Australia & New Zealand. Enter enough discounted events and your membership pays for itself, as well as opening up a range of useful functions on the website!
Current discounts available include:
- Australian events: Beach Warrior; Spartan Race Trifecta & Hurricane Heat in Victoria; Spartan Urban Sprint in Melbourne; and get a free t-shirt at the Summit Survivor!
- New Zealand events: Santoft Forest and Beach Half Marathon; Kawerau King of the Mountain; Valley Ultra; Xterra Waihi; Kerikeri Half Marathon.
To find out what's been recently updated, check the recent updates page regularly. I include in this newsletter a list of the more important updates (see below) such as date changes, cancellations, or late additions to the calendar. And check out the full calendar of upcoming events.
- The Kawakawa Bay Fun Run has changed from 27 October to 11 November due to a clash with a large boating compeitition, which would cause safety issues for competitors
- The third event in the Wicked Rogaine Spring Series has moved back a week from 30 October to 6 November
- Whenuapai Half Marathon has changed from 19 April to 15 March
- The WAI Running Festival has moved from January to November
Have a great running week!