Weekly Newsletter January 10th 2017
Welcome to 2017 and to the first newsletter for the year! This week's newsletter has interesting articles, date confirmation for the Nelson Shoe Clinic Half Marathon and several late additions and cancellations on the New Zealand Running Calendar.
Five quick workout ideas
James Kueglar provides five workouts (some as short as 10 minutes) that will provide you with some enjoyable variations and a healthy little heart rate kick to keep you fit and strong. Check them out here.
Get into adventure racing
Adventure racing is a multi-disciplinary, team sport where distances and duration vary from two hours to 10 days. The disciplines range from running, hiking and biking, to kayaking, climbing, white-water rafting and even horse riding. Find out more here (and check out our new multisport calendar to find events).
Training of famous runners: Steve Ovett
Steve Ovett will go down in history as one of Britain’s best ever middle distance runners. Whether you remember Ovett for his duals with Sebastian Coe, his amazing finishing kick, or his famed show-boating, Ovett is without a doubt a legend in the athletics world. Runner’s Tribe took a detailed look into his training in this article.
To find out what's been recently updated, check the website homepage regularly. I include in this newsletter a list of the more important updates (see below) such as date changes, cancellations, or late additions to the calendar. And check out the calendar page for a complete list of upcoming events.
- The Nelson Shoe Clinic Half Marathon was originally scheduled as May 6th TBC but it's been moved to be later in the year, now on November 5th
- Bay Run at Carmichael Road Reserve in Tauranga - this is a weekly series starting on January 17th
- Trentham United 5km Series in Upper Hutt returning on January 17th
- Town to Tide Multisport Race from Masterton to Riversdale on January 21st
- Hutt Valley Marathon Clinic Resolution Run on January 22nd
- Croesus Crossing Goat Race from Barrytown to Blackball scheduled for January 21st has been cancelled
- Te Houtaewa Challenge at 90 Mile Beach scheduled for April 8th has been cancelled
That's all for this week; have a great running week!