Weekly Newsletter October 18th 2011
This is a copy of the weekly newsletter from the New Zealand Running sent by email on October 18th 2011 covering events coming up over the next two weeks, regular weekday events, group training and competitions.
Run Auckland 2012 Competition
Go in the draw to win one of six entries to Run Auckland 2012. Run Auckland is a series of six 5K and 10K run or walk events every three weeks on Sundays between March 25th and July 8th 2012. Enter competition.
This competition runs until Wednesday October 26th 2011 at 11:59pm and the winners will be drawn at random the following day. If you are not one of the prize winners, you will be able to enter the Run Auckland 2012 series from October 30th for just $100 for all 6 races. Enter competition.
Top of the South Trail Running Tour
Feb 25th to March 3rd 2012. A pioneering tour of some of the sweetest trails in the country including the best of Queen Charlotte Track, Nelson Lakes NP, Kahurangi NP and Abel Tasman Coastal Track. Led by Mal Law from Running Wild with support from the super-experienced adventure tourism operators Adventure South. Full details at http://runningwildnz.com/wild-tours/tots/
Events coming up over the next two weeks
Sunday October 23rd 2011
- Okaihau Kaikohe Traverse with 8.4K and 13.4K options (near Kerikeri/Russell)
- Smiths Sports Shoes Tauranga Trail Run with 26K and 13K options and a Kids 4K
- The Twizel Pyramid Run, a 19.2K run which is part of the "Hard Labour Weekend"
Saturday October 29th 2011
- Kawerau King of the Mountain, an 8.4K mountain run up and down Mount Putauaki in Kawerau
- Shoe Clinic Bell Hill Challenge, a 12K or 19K trail run approx 60K west of Christchurch
Sunday October 30th 2011
- The Auckland Full/Half/Quarter Marathon, 5K and Kids MaraFun
- The Waikato Breast Cancer Trust Pink Walk and Pink Challenge in Hamilton - 5K
- Sri Chinmoy Christchurch at the Sumner Esplanade with 10K, 5K and Kids 2.5K events
Recurring weekday events
- AdiRun Newmarket at 6:00pm with 5K, 7K and 10K options
- Eastside 5K River Run Series in Hamilton at 6:00pm with a 5K option from September 27th
- O'Hagans 5K Series in Auckland at 6pm
- State Beach Series at Auckland's Takapuna Beach from Nov 1 to Dec 20, Jan 24 to Mar 20 with an ocean swim, 5K beach run, 2.5K junior beach run, 5km ski/waka ama paddle and 3km stand up paddle from 6:20pm
- Wellington Waterfront 5K Series from 5:30pm
- Ellesmere Road Runners Wednesday Night Race in Leeston, Canterbury - 6.4K, 3.2K from 5:50pm
- Frontrunner Off Road Series at Halswell Quarry in Christchurch - 4.5K, 9K - Nov 16th, 23rd, 30th, 6:15pm
- The Rat Race 5K in Milford, Auckland at 6:00pm
- Waimea 5K Series in Richmond, Nelson from 6:00pm from Sep 28th to March 28th
- Waitakere Triathlon and Multisport Club Weekly 5K at 6:15pm
- YMCA Auckland Domain Summer Series - 3K, 6K, 10K from 5:30pm
Group Training sessions now have their own dedicated section here on the Running Calendar website. If you organise group training sessions, please feel free to email me with the details and I'll get it added. In the email to me please include a reference page on your website, blog or Facebook with full details for people to meet up with you.
The Group Training section includes group training sessions with the Huia Road Bush Runners, GetRunning, The Neighbourhood Run Group, Takapuna Harriers in Auckland; the Nelson Striders in Nelson and the Manawatu Striders in Palmerston North.
Until Next Week...
Have a great running week!
My remaining events for this year are the Auckland Marathon on October 30th, Speights West Coaster Marathon on November 26th and Run Walk Series Half Marathon at the Ellerslie Racecourse on December 4th.