Weekly Newsletter May 24th 2011
This is a copy of the weekly newsletter from the New Zealand Running sent by email on May 24th 2011 covering events coming up over the next two weeks, regular weekday events, and competitions.
Advertise with the New Zealand Running Calendar
I have some advertising spots becoming available from May; if you have a running, sport, fitness or health related product or website and are looking to place advertising then check out my advertising information page for rates and stats.
Go in the draw to win one of three entries into the Carters Whangarei Run/Walk Festival on September 11th 2011. This competition runs until this Thursday at 11:59pm and the winners will be drawn at random the following day. Enter competition here.
What's coming up over the next two weeks?
Saturday May 28th 2011
- Big O Trail Run in Rotorua with 35K and 19K options
Sunday May 29th 2011
- Britomart Block Benefit for Christchurch in Auckland; this is a team fundraising event
- Paihia Run/Walk with 6K walk and 8K run options; this is part of the Sport Northland Series
- Rebecca McPahil 5K Fundraiser in Christchurch
- Run Auckland at Onepoto Domain; 5K, 10K and Run Kids 2K/4K events. I'm running the 10K.
- 3 Peaks Challenge in Wellington; it's approximately 20K depending on the route you take
- Makahika Mountain Trail Run near Levin with 11K and 17K options
Saturday June 4th 2011
- Glenbervie Forest 2 Day Marathon - 16K and 5.1K on Saturday
- The Frontrunner Series in Queenstown with 5K and 10K options. The first of seven events.
Sunday June 5th 2011
- Glenbervie Forest 2 Day Marathon - Half Marathon on Saturday
- 3D Rotorua Off Road Winter Multisport Festival with a 10.5K and Half Marathon run/walk. There are also various multisport options.
- Aurora Handicap Marathon in Lower Hutt
- Mount Jogger's Half Marathon 10K and 5K at Mount Maunganui
- Christchurch Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K and kids 5.5K and 2.5K at the alternate location in Lincoln.
All events listed below are weekly unless otherwise noted in italics.
- The Frontrunner New Plymouth 5K Series at 5:30pm
- The Honest Lawyer 5K Series from 6:00pm from April 18th to May 23rd
- The Rat Race 5K in Milford, Auckland at 6:00pm
- Waitakere Triathlon and Multisport Club Weekly 5K at 6:15pm
- Devonport Sun Run at 6:00pm until April 28th
Until Next Week...
Have a great running week! I'm running the Run Auckland 10K at Onepoto Domain this weekend.