Weekly Newsletter November 23rd 2010
Posted: November 23rd 2010 Filed under: Weekly Newsletters
This is a copy of the weekly newsletter from the New Zealand Running sent by email on November 23rd 2010 covering events coming up over the next two weekends, regular weekday events, and competitions.
What's coming up over the next couple of weekends?
Saturday November 27th
- Catch Me If You Can near Methven is a 24K mountain run. Late entry fees apply after November 23rd (i.e. after today).
- Run Mahana near Nelson through the Woollaston Estates Vineyard. Entries have now closed and there are no entries on the day. Half Marathon, 10K, 5K and kids mile events.
- Kahuterawa Two Day Classic is a two day marathon held over both Saturday and Sunday. You have the option to complete any 1, 2 or 3 stages (7K, 15.4K, 21.5K). Enter beforehand or on the day.
- GetRunning Training Session at Okura Bay in Auckland - 8K and 12K off road options.
- The Movember Run at Waiatarua Reserve in Auckland - 10K
Sunday November 28th
- ADRA Charity Run in Auckland with Half Marathon, 10K and 5K options. Late entry fees already apply.
Malcolm Law's 7 in 7 Challenge
Mal's 7 in 7 challenge is from November 28th to December 4th, covering around 360kms with the aim of raising money for the Leukaemia and Blood Foundation. If you can't run any of the 7 events yourself, then please consider a donation. All funds raised go directly to the Leukaemia and Blood Foundation. Visit Mal's fundraising page here and an overview of the challenge here.
The events listed on the NZ Running Calendar are as follows:
Saturday December 4th
- Cape Kidnappers Challenge a 30K off road event with individual and teams challenge. Entries are limited to 120 teams and 440 individuals. Enter by December 2nd.
- GetRunning Training Session at Takapuna Beach in Auckland
- Marlborough Marathon with Half/Quarter/Eighth Marathons, 10K teams and 2K kids challenges. Late fees apply from November 28th. A maximum 2000 entries are allowed and entries on the day.
- The Goat Alpine Adventure Run is an off road Half Marathon from Whakapapa to Turoa. Enter by November 27th to avoid the late fees. Entries close December 1st.
- The Kepler Challenge 60K and Luxmore Grunt 27K. If you didn't manage to get an entry when they first opened (they fill up in minutes) then too late. Try again next year!
Sunday December 5th
- The inaugural Colombo Street Mile for elite athletes but with an open children's section.
- Olex Series at Okato near New Plymouth with 2K, 5K, 9K and 16K options. Regular entries close on December 2nd but late entries are accepted on the day.
- Run Walk Series at the Ellerslie Racecourse with Kids 2.5K and 5K, 10K, 15K and Half Marathon options. Late entry fees after December 2nd. I'm running this myself, and see the competition below.
- Trust House Summer Series in Greytown with 2K, 4K, 6.5K and 8K distances depending on grade. It looks like you enter events in this series on the day.
All events listed below are weekly unless otherwise noted in bold italics.
Saint Clair Estate Competition - won by Mark Toplis
The winner of the Saint Clair Vineyard Half Marathon competition is Mark Toplis from New Brighton, Christchurch who says "I am stoked at winning the comp. I will definitely be running the event, and am looking forward to it."
The event is limited to 2000 entrants and usually sells out after New Year, so make sure you book your place now to avoid disappointment. Enter online here.
Run Walk Events Competition
Our current competition is for your chance to win one of two entries into race 4 of the Run and Walk Events Series at the Ellerslie Racecourse in Auckland. If you have already entered the event, enter the competition as well because your entry fee will be refunded if you have already entered.
In order to secure your place for the event and to avoid late entry fees, it's a good idea to enter online now and then enter the competition afterwards. The relevant links to do this are below.
The competition closes on Sunday night and the winner will be drawn on Monday.
Event information | Enter the event online | Enter the competition
Until Next Week...
Have a great running week. If you are running or walking any of the events this weekend I wish you the very best.